The generosity of God’s people facilitates the ministry of the gospel at our church and around the world!
We are thankful that God’s people have generously provided for the ministry here at First Baptist Church. We also believe that God blesses people for stewarding their finances well. If you have made your home with us at FBC, we hope that you will find great joy in participating in our ministry through your faithful giving.
Giving is an act of worship
"For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also" (Matt. 6:21). How we manage our money is an outward manifestation of our heart. God desires that we worship Him with all that we have.
In 2 Corinthians 8-9 the apostle Paul teaches us these principles:
- Those who follow Jesus should excel in the grace of giving.
- Giving is an expression of the love one has for Jesus.
- God loves willing and cheerful givers.
- A willingness to be generous in giving is more important than the amount given.
- Our giving will result in praise and thanksgiving to God.
- Our giving should be a natural response to God's gracious gift to mankind.
We also want you to know that if you choose give by ACH transfer, a significantly smaller portion of your donation will be paid to STRIPE in fees. It takes a bit more effort to complete the process but, as you can see below, the benefits far outweigh the extra effort required.
The fees are as follows:
- 2.3% + $0.30/donation for all credit card donations ($10,000.00 donation yields $9,769.70 to the church)
- $0.25 per ACH bank transfer donation (a $10,000.00 donation yields $9,999.75 to the church – an additional $230.05 more than the same amount given by credit card transactions)